Oklahoma City Obedience Training Club (OCOTC) was started in the early 1950's by three ladies who had seen their first obedience trial in Tulsa and decided that Oklahoma City should have this, too. They collected their husbands, dogs and lots of books and went to work.
The first meetings were in a vacant field near what is now NW 39th and Portland and that's where they worked
every week for some time. As more people became interested and joined them they moved to the National Guard Armory.
Then we held classes at the Animal Resource Center. Currently, classes
are held at the OCOTC Training Center, 6629 NW 23rd, Bethany, Ok.
They started the club and began organizational work and within a year or so they were ready for their first AKC show.
The club has grown to about 100 members and has become involved in many other activities. We now hold two trials per year, spring and fall - have two training nights a week and about 12 instructors. We probably have 600 dogs a year in training from puppy classes to trial classes at all levels.